Sunday, November 2, 2014

Yo <3 BA

Sometime yesterday afternoon Buenos Aires started to feel a bit too much like a post (zombie) apocalyptic wasteland. The ceaseless rain and wind was definitely a contributor, but the nearly empty streets were the most confusing. Add to that a weird group of people drumming, dancing and yelling with no explanation and you'll arrive at our confusion conclusion. 

I can tell you one thing for sure: today we tried to see the San Telmo market but didn't get to do so thoroughly because of the storm, we were cold and wet and even a little hangry and still We think this city is the greatest. 

Even as I sit watching the Atlantic swirl in angry storm waves from the airport, I'm listing the glorious things BA has to offer in my head:

The cutest accent ever

General friendliness toward strangers but within personal boundaries

Delicious tasty meats and fantastic wines (chorizo from a food truck anyone?)

Leather goods and adorable clothing in boutiques that look like sunshine and happiness

A million cute cafes with high quality coffee

Books. Everywhere. Cheap books, big books, red book, blue books, old books, new books. 

The fact that I can count the number of times I've been whistled at on one hand. 

Tango

Open wifi network almost anywhere (even on some public transit)

The fact that I've yet to be arrested by Interpol

In short, Buenos Aires is the bomb (dot com). We're headed to Iguazu Falls in northern Argentina this afternoon and spending a few days exploring there before returning to BA. I've heard the waterfall is "unbelievable" and "unreal"...I don't know, sounds like a rouse to me, we'll see. 




No comments:

Post a Comment