Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Salty Kuwait

Kuwait a minute, I've just been a-salt-ed.

Two hotels are next to each other, one is a salted.

Salt puns aside, let me tell you kids about our most recent adventure: Salar de Uyuni, commonly known as the Uyuni salt flats.

So it's blindingly white, and it's flat, and it's bigger than Kuwait.

Let me say that again. It's bigger than Kuwait. Like the country. It's like if Kuwait was flattened out and covered in salt. That's a small country of salt.

(ok so we fact checked a bit, and it seems our tour guide may have exaggerated, but it's still over 10,000 square kilometers of salt...and that's pretty big)

I can't stress enough that it is really big. It is so big that it looks like it's curving because of the curvature of the earth.

Ok so you get it, it's really big. We had a tour guide who reminded me of an old cartoon character that I couldn't quite put my finder on. Highlights of the two day tour included seeing weird hexagons where the water had bubbled up from below, sleeping in a hotel made of salt, finding the iPhone 6, hiking part way up a volcano, and watching the sunrise.

Did I mention that it's really big?

No comments:

Post a Comment