Saturday, November 8, 2014

Where self-aware and self-involved meet...

I'm not going to lie, I hate hostel people. Please tell me more about how you "don't travel to be a tourist" you "travel for the culture". Oh, you wrote a poem? Oh, you've been traveling for 9 months? Although I only asked where you we're from, I'm so glad you told me about how much pot you smoked in high school, because that's what I really wanted to know.

I suppose we've been spoiled by our own little apartment in Buenos Aires and only having to deal with each other. Sure, some days I want to punch Jenn in the throat for singing the same freaking song over and over for 15 days, but with her, at least I know what I'm getting myself into.

Sorry kids, we just really needed to get that off our chests.

So we've spent the last day in La Paz! We had a questionable night's sleep because of the incomprehensibly loud people in our dorm, but we woke up and faced the day anyways. We had some awesome juice and soup in the market for lunch, planned our stay in Bolivia (Death Road, here we come!), and wandered the plaza de arms, got really nervous around some pigeons (me this time, not Jenn) and ate a banana split. I'd say today was a success.

Stay tuned because tomorrow may be our last day on this earth (which will be awkward because we won't be around to blog about it)...intrigued, aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment