Saturday, November 1, 2014

Emanuel falls in love

Jenn: "maybe I'll actually write a post on the blog tomorrow"

I don't believe that for a second.

Yesterday we walked around a ton and saw a bunch of buildings. They were sort of important, I guess, like Congress and the presidential house. And they were pretty, if you're into that sort of thing. We also stopped in some book stores and perused some really old books.

Then, last night, we got dressed fancy and went for a beer. I was in sandals and Jenn was in heels, so she was...significantly taller than me. Jenn might get upset if I tell you about the wind blowing her skirt up while we were passing a group of men, and she might get frustrated with me all over again if I remind her about how I got confused and made get walk an extra 3 blocks in her heels, so I won't tell you about those things. Instead, I'll tell you about how she tripped on absolutely nothing on a totally flat part of the street and fell on her ass. It was pretty funny, but even funnier when you add the fact that we were across the street from a crowded bus stop. We could see the looks on their faces saying, "dumb drunk tourist, completely wasted at 9:30". Little did they know, that Jenn was sober, just clumsy.

We arrived at the bar and stood around drinking some beers, when Emanuel entered our lives. He told us that he had a present, but only had one and we would have to fight for it. When he produced a 50 cent piece of chocolate, we immediately started throwing punches. He tried to convince us that it was traditional Argentine chocolate, but we had seen it many a time before in Peru, so we were not fooled. Emanuel graced us with his presence for awhile, engaging us in riveting conversation:

"Argentine men are like me but taller and more handsome and more...no fat,"
"my name in Peruvian is Emanuel...and in Argentine, it is Emanuel,"
"I am cute, like a bear... A toy...like a bear toy."
"I will come to the united states and visit Colorado, no, not Colorado, Washington. And I will knock on the door, and you will answer."

As he turned to leave, he looked at me and said, "thank you for the conversation, it was nice meeting you." He looked at Jenn, "I love you." He professed his love for Jenn multiple times before leaving.

Jenn, you heartbreaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment